The first step in how to change needle on Audio Technica AT-LP60 turntable is to disassemble the device and remove the cartridge assembly. Then, take the replacement needle and carrier out of the cartridge and insert it in the unit. Once installed, re-align the components as instructed. Some specific models require additional steps. Here are some tips to replace the cartridge:
- Make sure the stylus is not too dirty or clogged.
- Ensure that the new needle is compatible with the turntable. It’s important to choose the right stylus, as some turntables may not allow you to adjust them safely. You also need to align the tone arm and the cartridge to avoid damaging them. To do this, make sure the tone arm is stable and the needle is pointing downward. The new stylus should sit firmly in the cartridge.
Read More:- Where to Buy Audio Technica Turntables
- Check the needle. The worn needle can ruin your records. Finger prints and dust can lodge in the needle and reduce the output quality. You can check the needle by placing your hand over the record to listen to its quality. Then, replace the stylus. Then, reassemble the cartridge. The tonearm is not removable, but it can be easily removed by removing it.
- Play the record you want to replace. You can do this with ease. To replace the needle, first, stabilize the tone arm. Place the stylus with the needle pointing downwards. Fasten the stylus into the cartridge securely. The stylus should click when it’s attached. Lastly, ensure the needle sits in the cartridge properly. If it doesn’t, you’ll have to change the cartridge again.
- Unlock the tonearm. The tonearm lever is a lock that holds the metallic tonearm in place. Gently lift it to remove the needle. Don’t forget to remove the old needle. Then, you’ll need to replace the cartridge. The cartridge is usually removable. You can even adjust the needle’s position with the tonearm itself. If you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can hire a professional to do it.
When replacing a cartridge, make sure the needle is properly seated. If the needle has dropped out, push the front of the cartridge up to remove it and snap in the new cartridge. Afterward, insert the cartridge and re-install it. Then, replace the stylus. Then, turn the cartridge backwards and press the front again. You’ve now successfully replaced your Audio Technica at-lp60’s needle.
Recommended:- Audio Technica AT95E Review 2021
The next step is to replace the cartridge. The cartridge must be properly seated in the grooves before it can be used. Using the alignment protractor will ensure that the cartridge is in the correct position. Once it’s seated, the needle must be parallel to the lines of the protractor. This is an important step to ensure a proper alignment of the needle in the AT-L60.
The next step is to replace the needle. The needle is located on the cartridge’s front, where it snaps into place. The cartridge is secured by a spring, which can be a small screw. To change the needle on an Audio Technica AT-L60, remove the front of the cartridge. Once the front is removed, push the front down and pull it backward.
The next step is to remove the cartridge. Fortunately, removing the needle is not difficult, and it is a quick and easy process. The front of the cartridge is lifted to release the needle. Once you’ve removed the cartridge, the front of the cartridge can be snapped back into place. Then, you can install a new one. It’s important to note that this step is critical.
Changing the needle is an essential part of record players. A worn-out needle can cause the record to scratch and break. It’s important to replace the needle as soon as possible after it begins to sound distorted. Using a sharp, fine-tipped pen, replace the needle. It should be the same size as the old one. The needle should fit snugly without sticking out of the groove.