THE MODERN RECORD INTERVIEWS: 'NORMANDIE' AT LEEDS FESTIVAL 2018
WE CAUGHT UP WITH THE BRILLIANT 'NORMANDIE' FROM SWEDEN BACK-STAGE, AHEAD OF THEIR SET AT LEEDS FESTIVAL 2018.
1. Firstly... are yours Normandie?
"Yes we are Normandie" - band also mentioned couldn't understand my accient
2. So I'm from Scotland... i just wondered if yours have played any shows up there?
"Yes we've playing firstly with Yellowcard over year and half ago in Glasgow and Ryan Keen on a headline tour"
3. Noticed yours are from Sweden, we just wanted to know if you other fans around the world apart from where yours are from?
"Oh yeah.. we've had a couple of fans coming from Israel on the last tour... they had written to us saying they had booked flights, accommodation to come and see us in Cologne in Germany."
"It's very weird, as this music is okay in Sweden, but it's growing faster in other countries and we're seeming to do a lot better in Germany and UK.
4. We've seen you've released some singles lately and just wondered if there anything else in pipe-line we can expect from yours, like new singles or album ect.?
"We've released two singles so far and announced a new album called "White Flag" which due for release in late October this year"
"The album is going to be surrounding about the whole topic about it's okay to give up... we're in a society needs to be perfect, it's expression to push though negative aspects, but sometimes the negative aspect means, it's alright to give up but you can have more than one dream and that's type of message as band we're trying to get across in this album"
5. How's the reaction been so far with singles back home and around the world?#
"It's been really good, above our expectations... it's very hard when you go from your first album to your second album. You should really know what to do but you don't... always making new ground and yeah it's very nervous.. even picking up with the singles it's very weird but we've seen have made the right choices so far so we're just going keep at it."
6. Who got yours into music as band?
"Our fathers got us into music in a big way, as played guitar which we love".
7. Any Music Inspirations who inspired yours to get into a band?
"Definitely from emo-type music, to rock and bands like Metallica"
8. Have you done many festivals lately... expect Reading and Leeds this weekend?
"We've done Download Festival last year and that was very fun... you know we don't want to book many shows during 2018 as closing of one album into another album and we've been focusing this year mainly on writing for new album due for release later this year".
"We will be touring with hands-like-horses around the UK and Europe with Crossfaith later this year as well."
"We really will want tour constantly new album during 2019 next year, but really this our last shows for debut album".
9. Where is your favourite place yours have played as band?
"As point of reaction... from the crowd it's definitely gotta to be Cologne in Germany last year at our headline show in 300-cap small bar, which was very cool experience. Also, Download last year was also really good and our sold-out headline show in London. But yeah London has been like a second home to us, as our management, label and PR is here and where everything us we see it as our merca".
10. Are yours going have any time see anyone perform across the weekend at Reading and Leeds Festivals this year?
"Hopefully yes... we're now here in Leeds for two days and then at Reading on Sunday. We hope to see Nothing But Thieves, Don Broco, Kings of Leon and loads of bands!"
"Post Malone tomorrow is definitely and there's loads of good bands performing tomorrow!"
11, Yours have previously said yours have been touring and releasing a new album... is there anywhere yours still would like to play?
"Definitely the states!... that's the main number one question we get.. It's our biggest dream, it's a big country! It will be our next step hopefully!".
PRE-ORDER 'WHITE FLAG' HERE:
CHECK OUT 'NORMANDIE' ON TOUR
INTERVIEW BY: | CALUM BUCHAN