A backpack is a fabric sack usually carried on the back and secured with two straps that go over the shoulder of the bearers. Backpacks usually contain an internal frame and external frame and are mostly used by students and musicians for carrying heavy loads or any sort of musical instrument to avoid the capacity of carrying heavy weights for a longer period of time in the hands.
These backpacks are generally categorized into four categories which are the internal frame, bodypacks, external frame, and frameless. They are all designed to support the back and evenly distribute the weight of its contents across the bearer’s body to reduce the chance of injury from the shoulder strap pressure.
These backpacks usually contain either a buckle mechanism, a dry-bag type closure, or a zipper that enables them to be closed at will. The most common type of backpack used by musicians is called a Gigbag. A gigbag is a padded, soft-sided bag used for the keeping, storing, and transportation of musical instruments from one place to another.
This backpack is easy to carry and is designed with a lot of pockets for the keeping of sheet music, picks, straps, instrument cables, and other musical accessories along with shoulder straps and grab handles to enhance comfort, portability, and ease of use.
As it is known that traveling or going for a tour is essential for any musician irrespective of their style or genre and the most essential travel item they will ever need while on tour is the backpack to protect the delicate musical instruments and to provide a significant amount of convenience while on the tour.
Critical to posture and comfort, it is paramount to never underappreciate the value of an affordable first class upgrade in the department of traveling gears. If your intention is to keep your gear protected in all kinds of weather and venue conditions, you should pay attention to the kind of materials and the general construction of the backpack you want to purchase.
If you want the right amount of space or sections to fit all of your musical instrument securely and conveniently, you should base your focus on the types of backpacks that is richly designed with features such as around pocket and general layout.
Needs changes over time, which is why it is important to choose a good backpack that fits perfectly well to the current requirements. There are some considerable factors that should be considered when purchasing a backpack. The factors are:
Factors to Consider When Buying a Backpack
Buying a backpack is not as important as knowing the necessary factors to look out for. Here we have brought it to you on a platter of gold, factors to consider when buying a backpack.
Features and Functionality
Features and functionality are very important to put into consideration when buying a backpack. How well backpacks can function really matters because it is this function that helps them to give value to their user. When a backpack is multifunctional such as being strong, spacious, and portable, it is highly considered to buy such.
Also, good and quality feature such as weight, material, and design matter a lot because it is these features that will enhance the functionalities of the backpack.
Durability and Build
Generally, backpacks should be durable and well built because they are always carried from one place to the other. It would be a nightmare to be in the middle of a tour or road trip with a torn, broken strap or a heavy backpack, the more reason why they should be durable, lightweight, and strong.
These backpacks should be extremely built with high-quality materials and there should be a certain period of warranty on them in case something unexpected should happen.
Comfort and Mobility
Comfort and mobility are also integral factors to consider in any backpack. If you are going to be engaging in a lot of hiking or walking, be sure to get backpacks that are convenient for mobility. You don’t want your shoulders back to hurt when you have carried a heavy bag for a longer period. Be sure to get backpacks that give comfort and relief you of the heavy load while being mobile.
All that being understood, we shall now move further to the selected best Backpacks for musicians.
Best Backpack for Musician
|Thule Crossover 32L Backpack - Black, 11.8 X 4.3 X 21.3 in.||Buy Now|
|Pelican S115 Elite Sport Backpack (Black)||Buy Now|
|Rockville Key Case Soft Carry Bag Backpack for Impulse+Launchkey 25 Keyboards (RVBAG25)||Buy Now|
|Mark ryden Anti Theft Waterproof Backpack Laptop Backpack 15.6 inch for Travel School with TSA Lock （Without Raincoat）||Buy Now|
Thule Crossover Laptop Backpack
The Thule Crossover backpack is built with overall quality materials with plenty of compartments for storing different musical instruments.
- Model Name: TCBP317
- Model Number: 3201989
- Material: Dobby nylon
- Color: Black
- Weight: 1.94 lb
- Volume: 25 L
- Item Dimensions: 12.6 x 10.6 x 18.9
- It is added with an integrated laptop compartment that holds up to a 15” MacBook Pro and a tablet
- A perforated EVA shoulder straps with mesh covering and padded back panel that contains airflow channels for easy mobility.
- Crushproof SafeZone section for sunglasses and delicate gear.
- Includes a SafeZone compartment that can be easily locked or removed together for enough space
- A SafeZone compartment for phones or any smart devices
- Two side mesh pocket sections for water bottles or any other accessories
- Several grab and go handles to enhance easy transport
- An organized compartment to keep cords and other accessories at hand
- Water-resistant materials and zippers combine to create a lightweight and protective bag.
Thule Crossover Laptop Backpack is one of our selected best backpacks for musicians because its integrated laptop compartment is very helpful to any musician who is spinning or playing an instrument. This portable black backpack is endowed with extra padding that enhances protection for the sensitive musical instruments that are always carried about.
It is one of the lightest backpacks that does not compromise the protection of instruments for less weight. The 25L backpack only weighs 1.94 lbs when empty and it is sturdily built with a strong shoulder strap that lets you pack your kinds of stuff to its maximum capacity.
Thule Crossover bag is not really elastic but the protection you get on the backplate and on the bottom is top-notch which is quite good value for the money and the weight, it can outrightly hold a fairly larger laptop without any problem.
It is common for most musicians to use either 15 or 16 inch MacBook Pros therefore this backpack is ideal for them. The backpack keeps the laptop away from the hard surface of the floor when it is placed on the floor and fits well without any wobbling.
This sturdy backpack can perfectly fit handy things such as compact MIDI keyboards, drum tuners, extra strings, guitar, wireless microphones, over-ear folding headphones, and even in-ear monitors and keep them safe from any damage.
Pelican S115 Elite Sport Backpack
It is an ideal backpack for keeping valuables such as fragile gear, expensive microphones, studio headphones, and top of a line music production laptop. It offers a full line of durability, versatility, and high quality for hikers, musicians, and photographers.
- Laptop Case: ABS
- Fabric: Polypropylene
- Front Plate: 420 Honeycomb nylon with polyurethane back, 210 coated nylon trim area
- Exterior Dimensions: 18.5 x 13.0 x 10.0 / 47.0 x 33.0 x 25.4 cm
- Interior Dimentions:
- Closure Type: Buckle Clasp on the laptop case and Zipper
- Interior Dimensions: 15.2 x 10.4 x 1.0 / 38.5 x 26.4 x 2.5 cm
- Box Dimensions: 21.2 x 12.8 x 9.1 (L x W x H)
- Waist Belt: Yes, Removable
- Tripod Holder: Yes
- Transport Options: Rigid grip handle, Backpack shoulder strap
- Weight: 3.92 kg
- Volume: 18 L
- Can accommodate 15” and select 17” Apple Laptops
- Includes Pressure Equalization Valve for the Case
- Watertight and Crushproof laptop case
- It can hold DSLR, 2 Flashes and 5 Lenses
- Contains strap to secure the Tripod
- Top -Loading Access, Rigid carry handle
- Designed with padded shoulder straps and lumbar support
- Contains 3 Interior padded and 3 Exterior pockets
- Includes padded Camera Gear Dividers
- Slim case for use with Ultrabook
- Large enough pockets for the keeping of charge cords and other accessories
- 3 air mesh lid organizer pockets for fragile musical instrument
- Large-sized padded divider compartment to hold multiple lenses and flash
Pelican S115 Elite Sport backpack is one of the best backpacks that features a laptop compartment with additional cushioning suitable for any kind of musical instrument. It is a lightweight backpack with the side closure of Zipper pockets and is large enough to hold strings, batteries, earphones, tuners, and keys.
The most amazing part of this backpack is that it is waterproof so it can remain watertight for up to 30 to 40 minutes under 3.1 feet of water that is in situations like this arise. The interior is compartmentalized to hold various musical gadgets, and the usefulness of that will vary according to individual musicians’ needs.
Rockville DJ Laptop/Gear Travel Backpack
This bag is majorly designed for DJs who love pockets and bring a lot of musical instruments to the club than just a pair of headphones and a USB.
- Model Number: RVBACKPACK
- ASIN: B07922968M
- Exterior Dimensions: 19 x 20 x 13 (W x H x D)
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Approximate Shipping weight: 7 lbs
- Color: Black
- Headphone compartment plus Dividers
- Fully padded interior dividers to enhance organized packing
- Heavy-duty Zippers and Zipper pulls
- Fully padded shoulder strap
- Fully padded for ultimate Gear protection
- An elastic band cable holders
- A padded handle
- Padded back
- Firm bottom feet for increased stability
- A dedicated headphone compartment
- Dedicated pocket for laptop stand
Rockville DJ travel backpack is also one of the few best-selected backpacks for musicians. This backpack is exclusively for DJs who need a good bag to carry their laptop, mixer to the gid, and controller.
Rockville has a lot of good features that make it stand out among the rest, it includes protective padding, a fairly large interior, an adjustable laptop compartment, a dedicated headphone compartment, a pocket for a laptop stand and so many more great features.
All details about this backpack are well thought out to the extent of the interior color, the bright orange color of the interior part lends much-needed contrast when there is a need for rummage or to find something quickly in a dark place or club.
The backpack takes the top view because of the robust features it is endowed with and a cheap price tag that anyone can easily get without having to spend more than the already set budget.
Mark Ryden Anti-Theft Waterproof Laptop Backpack
You can be sure that all your devices and equipment are thoroughly safeguarded with the Mark Ryden Anti-Theft Waterproof Laptop Backpack.
- Colour: Black
- Package Dimensions: 13.7 x 11.8 x 3.2 inches
- Department: Unisex, Adult
- Manufacturer: Markryden
- ASIN: B07Y76NSR7
- Weight: 2.44 pounds.
- Double interlayer in the main pocket to fit laptops and iPads
- Secure lock design to detour theft and safeguard the musical valuables securely
- High-quality double-layer Zipper
- Backside breathable cotton to support the back and relief the shoulder
- A USB port to charge a phone or other smart devices
- A luggage belt to fix the backpack in a trunk
- Little compartments for earphones and power bank
- Waterproof Oxford cotton back to keep water away from the devices.
Mark Ryden Anti Theft waterproof Laptop backpack is truly a stylish and fashionable beast because it is designed with unique features that are rare which render it as a backpack that is top-notch and can not be matched. The backpack comes with some juicy features that can not be swept under the feet such as the easily adjustable strap length, the ability to charge smart devices, and the ease that comes with carrying it with pieces of luggage.
The design of this backpack gives room for comfortable ventilation which helps to keep devices cool and sweat-free throughout all kinds of weather. It is also a waterproof backpack that can prevent water from your devices, you don’t have to worry about traveling to a place where it is currently raining.
Be rest assured that your music production instruments are well taken care of. The bag also features an anti-theft secure lock that keeps the thief away from your musical instruments and this single feature can not be overemphasized.
Mark Ryden Anti Theft Backpack is beautiful, durable, and lightweight, it absolutely one of the best you can ever be right to buy to give you good value for its price.